Actual transmissions heard at the O'Hare TRACON
- "Expect lower at the end of this transmission."
- "Citation 123, if you quit calling me Center, I'll quit calling you twin Cessna."
- "About three miles ahead, you've got traffic 12 o'clock, five miles."
- "If you hear me, traffic no longer a factor."
- "You got him on TCAS? Great. When you're seven in trail, resume normal speed and call Chicago Center on 120.12."
- "I am way too busy for anybody to cancel on me."
- "You got any more smart remarks, we can be doing this over South Bend...go ahead."
- "You're gonna have to key the mic. I can't see you when you nod your head."
- "It's too late for Louisville. We're going back to O'Hare."
- "Put your compass on 'E' and get out of my airspace."
- "Don't anybody maintain anything."
- "Caution wake turbulence, you're following a heavy 12 o'clock, three...no, lets make it five miles."
- "Climb like your life depends on it...because it does."
- "If you want more room, captain, push your seat back."
- "For radar identification, throw your jumpseat rider out the window."
- "Air Force One, I told you to expedite!"
- "Listen up, gentlemen, or something's gonna happen that none of us wants to see.
- "Leave five on the glide, have a nice ride, tower inside, twenty-six nine...see ya."
- "Japan Air Ten Heavy, how about a radio check?" (Response: "Royah, switching!")
[Back to "The Funnies"]